CLOSING DATE 11 DECEMBER 2022
As an Electrical Engineer for Power you will be supporting the innovative and state-of the-art ePack product. The ePack electrostatic plate pack coalescer increases separation of residual water droplets from oil by electrostatic forces: The ePack is powered by a proprietary power unit utilizing a unique magnetically controllable inductor technology where the relative permeability of a core is controlled by using orthogonal magnetic fields controlled by a direct current. The power design provides stepless control of the voltage to the ePack in a very robust way.
You will join our global technology team with other dedicated and specialist engineers and product line managers. The global technology team is responsible for developing and managing the products and inhouse engineering practices and supports regional operational teams in their technically complex tenders, projects, and aftermarket services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Design and perform documentation of power units
- Follow up fabricator
- Perform functional testing of power units in NOV workshop
- Perform site work (onshore/offshore) for installation and commissioning activities. Around 1-2 trips per year.
- Manage NOV’s patented electromagnetic power system: the Magtech Controllable Transformer (MCT)
- Design, build, test, and document
- Perform electrical, functional, and mechanical verification of the MCT at system level
- Further develop the MCT technology and its electromagnetic design (coils and transformers single phase mainly)
- Program and verify PLC based control systems
- Support other products with power discipline expertise
- Degree in electrical engineering
- Basic understanding of medium voltage (<50 kV) design
- Practical experience with electromagnetic design and testing
- Basic understanding of EX design and certification, mainly ATEX and IECEx regulations
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- Effective communicator
- Team-builder, “we” instead of “I” mentality
- Promoting positive working environment at workplace and in collaboration with coworkers around the world
- Innovative, solution oriented, commercially aware
NOV Wellstream Processing specializes in design of processing systems for the onshore and offshore energy market and cover solutions for oil, produced water, solids, gas, hydrate inhibition, seawater treatment, and low carbon processing. For more information about the ePack product, please see: https://www.nov.com/products/oil-separation-and-stabilization.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
Through NOV Completion & Production Solutions, we serve well intervention service providers and oil and gas producers, and we pursue opportunities around hydraulic fracture stimulation, wellbore intervention equipment, composite tubulars, pumps, floating production systems, and subsea production technologies. Our integrated approach delivers greater certainty, reliability, and peace of mind.