Renewable Energy Broker - Biofuels
Global demand for biofuel is set to grow, and we are looking to expand our biofuel broker team. As an employee at Cleanworld, you will be part of an internationally oriented team, facilitating and promoting clean energy production and consumption.
Cleanworld is an independent, leading brokerage firm for environmental commodities. We are an international team of experienced brokers that serve energy companies and trading houses in more than 35 countries. Our business is about first-hand knowledge of the markets, and we strongly emphasize long client relationships. Since 2016 we have acquired extensive knowledge in the EU biofuels market, becoming experts in sustainability requirements, logistic necessities, and the variation of country policies. Today Cleanworld shares its offices and cooperates closely with its largest shareholder, Arctic Securities, to build a position as the leading center of expertise in the field of renewable energy.
As a member of our team, you will broker physical biofuels in the OTC market. Having a firm grasp of legislation, macro-trends and sitting close to the market you will become the main source of information for your clients, consistently keeping them updated on the relevant market developments. You will play a key role in the entire process from logistics to contracts, while having a service-minded and proactive attitude. You will apply your knowledge and understanding of client needs to create solutions that increase value for all parties involved.
- Closing deals and broker physical biofuels such as biodiesel, ethanol, feedstocks, bio-oils and other physical commodities.
- Build relationships with existing and new clients, helping them navigate through the fast-changing markets
- Consistently identifying new leads and proactively reaching out to them generating additional structured, long-term transactions
- Develop deep market knowledge of the product and relevant legislation to propose solutions which add value for all parties involved
- Conduct market research and present it through presentations and reports
- Travelling to client locations and industry events is expected. The position will be based in Oslo, Norway.
- Strong commercial drive and proactive attitude
- Previous experience in biofuels, physical commodities or comparable markets is a pre-requisite
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or another relevant field of study
- Ability to build and keep strong relationships
- Ability to multitask and continuously adapt to the dynamic renewable commodity market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. As we have many international clients, any additional language is beneficial. We especially welcome German and Polish speakers.
- Highly motivated to succeed in a competitive environment
This position is especially suitable for candidates with prior experience in brokerage, sales or trading.
What we offer
- Team members who are recognized experts in their areas of focus
- Open and inclusive work environment
- Professional and personal development in a company with strong growth
- A non-hierarchical and competent organization with highly driven individuals
- Client interaction with the major players in the energy industry
- Facilitating strong client relations, giving you a unique network
- State of the art office facilities in central Oslo, gym included
- Competitive performance-based bonus structure
If you match the profile and you are looking for an exciting opportunity in the renewable energy markets, hit that apply button! If you find the position interesting, however you’re not quite ready for a change just yet – please connect with us and keep updated on future opportunities within our company!