Are you excited about the future and green energy? Are you passionate about good technology and smart solutions and love working in the intersection between technology and sustainability?
Then let me tell you a little bit what you can be a part of.
ECO STOR AS, owned by Agder Energy, is a Norwegian clean-technology start-up with offices in Oslo and Munich that develops innovative energy storage solutions allowing reuse of electric vehicle batteries in homes and commercial properties. The company currently has a small team of employees and consultants working to enable affordable energy storage. From our offices in Oslo, we coordinate an international team of problem-solvers that includes industry experts in the field of batteries and energy storage. We are all highly engaged in the environmental footprint, and we hope to meet people sharing the same vision.
The company has recently secured several contracts for system deployment and is looking for new employees that would like to be part of a team that will help to shape the future of renewable energy.
The role as Software Engineer in ECO STOR
We are now looking for Software Engineers who wants to work in a company at the forefront of renewable energy developing software for our hardware and software solutions. We are mainly looking for developers to work on our microcontroller based BIU (Battery Interface Unit) which is communicating with, and ensuring the safety of, our second life Electric Vehicle battery energy storage systems. The people you will be working with are the engineers of ECO STOR, a small group of enthusiastic problem-solvers.
As pioneers in the field of second life battery storage in Norway, we are learning “as we go”, as such, all of us venture outside the definition of our official job title to take on tasks and responsibilities as needed. This means that though the development of the BIU will be your main responsibility, there will be lots of other tasks that will come up, both software related and others, that you can take on based on your skills and desires.
Examples of different tasks:
- Automation scripts for tasks in the workshop
- Writing software for testing batteries
- Additional software for gathering system information etc
- Database configuration, setup and communication
- Simple configuration and setup of small networks
- Configuring and programming of industrial controllers
Why we hope you will join us
First and foremost, we like to think that it is what we do and what we want to achieve that inspires you to apply for the position.
Other things we would like to highlight:
- Work within a company dedicated to technology and sustainability
- Be part of a dynamic and cross-functional team working throughout the whole product lifecycle
- Be able to influence the development and R&D for existing and future products
- Highly exciting time within the sector of energy storage
- Colleagues with extensive knowledge and over 20 years of experience within the energy field
- Huge focus on development – where you will have a central role
- An international company working to expand globally
- Solid owners (e.g, Agder Energi)
- Several contracts and projects to be delivered
- A bunch of people having a great time together working with what they love
- Competitive salary and benefits
Who we think will excel in this position
Ideally with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in developing software for use in industrial applications, BUT; skills, motivation and a fast learning can make up for a lack of experience. You will be self-motivated and interested to work as part of a small, but growing, engineering team, where your ideas and solutions will help shape the product, and the future of the company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in C++/Arduino and Python
- Familiar with embedded systems programming
- Experience with using both Windows and Linux based operating systems
- An understanding of networking protocols and security
- Familiar with serial communication
- Familiar with databases
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Version control and source code management using GitHub
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Proficient in English
Other Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience using communication protocols such as CAN bus and ModbusTCP/RTU
- Experience working with Arduino-based development boards
- Experience working with single board computers running some form of Linux, such as Raspberry Pi
Hopefully you have been inspired to apply and you can apply directly via the apply button. At this stage we only require a copy of your CV. If you would like more info prior to applying, simply get in touch with our recruitment partner, Patrick Thomassen Engen or Stine Beckholt in AvantGarde Search. They have more detailed information they happily will send over to you.
Welcome to ECO STOR!